I encourage you all to watch this short 3 minute video about the impact mentoring...more
"Serving the Children of the World"
Kiwanis Club of Gainesville, Florida, Inc.
Serving the University City Since 1923
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. - Kiwanis defining statement, adopted October 2004.
Kiwanis International – founded 1915, Headquarters now in Indianapolis, Indiana
- 702,000+ members internationally in 79 nations/regions
- 8,000+ adult clubs
- Aktion Club – adults living with disabilities
- Circle K International – world’s largest student-led organization; over 469 campuses
- 7,900+ youth clubs
- Kiwanis Kids – elementary grade students
- Builders Clubs – middle/junior high school students
- Key Clubs – high school students
- Programs for youth in Leadership, BUGS (Bringing Up Grades), Youth Recognition (Terrific Kids)
- Opportunities for adults in service to children & the community, leadership, fund raising, and networking
- Friendships for Life
The Kiwanis Club of Gainesville meets from noon – 1:00 PM on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month for lunch at the Wyndham Garden Gainesville, 2900 SW 13th Street, Gainesville, Florida. You are always welcome. (Please try to arrive a few minutes early so we can introduce ourselves.)
We also meet – more informally and socially – from 7:00 – 8:00 AM on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month for breakfast at the 43rd Street Deli on Williston Road, 3483 SW Williston Rd. at I-75. You are always welcome.
We sponsor Circle K International at the University of Florida as well as several Key Clubs, Builders Clubs, and Kiwanis Kids Clubs in the Gainesville area. Additionally, we support a number of other non-profit organizations and have several club projects ongoing (reading to kids with Kids Count, obtaining books & school supplies, mentoring to students, donating to various causes, etc.).
The Bottom Line:
Kids Need a Foundation,
Kids Need Fans,
Kids Need Kiwanis.
In an age of municipal budget cuts, decreased school funding and fewer civic organizations, Kiwanis is the safety net that creates opportunities for children to be curious, safe, and healthy regardless of the community in which they live.
Kiwanis is a positive influence in locations worldwide with a dream that all children will wake up in communities that believe in them, nurture them, and provide the support they need to thrive.